This delicious one pot dish has loads of protein and some yummy veggies. You might know, that I really love aubergines and tomatoes too, so I decided to make a mix with these. It is actually something I tried at a cafe long ago, and I liked it so much. So I decided to make something like that – on my own, and you now what? The dish came out very well! 😉
I actually madk a large amount of it, so that I also can have it some for my colleague W and I, for the lunch at work too 🙂
This dish serves about 4 small or 3 large servings.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 whole garlic, finely chopped
- Some salt
- 600-800g of chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized aubergine/eggplant, cut into cubes
- ½ courgette/squash, cut into cubes
- 1 can/box of chopped tomatoes + juice
- Some olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of coriander powder (optional)
- 3-4 teaspoons of red chili powder (you can add smaller amounts too)
- 1 glass of water
- Some fresh coriander leaves for garnish or put right into to dish (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan/pot, and add the onions and garlic. Let it cook for some minutes, or till they turn golden.
- Now add all the cut vegetables, and let it all cook properly for about 10-15 min.
- Add the chickpeas, your deisred amount of salt, chili and coriander powder, and mix it all well.
- Add the tomatoes + juice and some water, and stir it well. Put on the lid, and let it cook for another 20-30 min on low heat.
- Serve the dish with fresh coriander leaves (and some bread).