Here is one of my favourtie and easiest recipes of vegetable risotto. This recipe is actually one I made many years ago, and shared on my former blog, so now I’m just re-sharing it 😉 Risotto is of course another popular Italian dish, and there are many varieties. Both baking it in the oven is definitely the easiest way, but I’m not sure if this is a “right way” to do it 😛 However, hope you’ll like it 🙂
- 3 dl Arboria rice
- 500 ml (5 dl) vegetable stock
- 200 g greens, sliced/cut – carrots, beans, courgette, aubergine
- 3-4 shallots, sliced
- 2-3 cloves, sliced
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 400 g chopped tomatoes + juice (those in cans/boxes)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon of chili powder – optional
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Some grated vegetarian cheese for garnish – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180° celcius, convection.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and let it heat gently. Then add the cumin seeds, shallots and garlic and let simmer until they turn golden and are cooked.
- Now add the rice, and let then turn golden, and add the green and seasoning, and let it all cook properly.
- Add the tomatoes + juice and the vegetable stock, stir well and transfer it all into a baking pan. Let it bake for about 30 min. – or until th rice has absorbed the stock and are properly cooked.
- Serve the risotto with garnished cheese.