My mum once made a mango kesari, so I thought of baking a mango cake this time. You know that I’m a vegetarian, and always bake eggless cakes, so I mixed a recipe together and it actually made a very yummy cake 🙂
Servings: 8 large pieces/10 small pieces
- 250 g plain flour
- 150 g cane sugar
- 175 g butter
- ½ dl milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 g mango – pureed
Continue reading “Easy Peasy Mango Cake – Eggless”
I once made this delicious meal, and even prepared some for my colleagues and my bro. They too loved it 😉
I later posted this recipe on my previous blog, so now posting it again here 😉
- 12 fresh sheets of lasagna pasta
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 500 g of chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onion (optional)
- 2 tbs thyme
- Some chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 125 g of grated mozzarella cheese (or more, if you want to)
Continue reading “Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Cannellonis”
Nicecream is very popular, especially among vegetarians/vegans. It’s much healthier than ice cream, and easy to make. The best part is, that you can add any kind of flavor to the base cream. Here is the result of my attempt on making some pink nicecream – with raspberry 😉
The result came out very well, and was so beautiful, and so yummy too! We both loved it, and my bestie even ate more of it than I did! 😉 The one I made was a pink nana icecream/nicecream, and here’s the recipe: Continue reading “Pinky Nicecream”
While trying experimenting with food, I came across veg style güvec for some years ago, that is a Turkish dish, I got served in a Turkish restaurant. I loved the dish so much, that I wanted to try it by myself. Eggplant/aubergine is actually something I hated for ages, I guess I started loving to eat this vegetable for about 4-5 years ago. Tamils normally make curry out of it, and this kind of dish can unfortunately be very oily too. So tasting the Turkish preparation of aubergine was a pleasant experience 🙂 Continue reading “Patlican Güvec – Turkish Aubergine Meal”
I’ve seen several asking for an easy recipe for an eggless strawberry pie. This pie makes about 8 pieces.
- 150 grams of butter
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 30 grams of icing sugar
- 1 tbs. of vanilla
- ¼ liters of whipped cream – If needed mixed with 1 tbs. of vanilla (I like it, when the cream has this flavor)
- Fresh strawberries cut in halves (as needed)
Continue reading “Strawberry Pie – Eggless”
Hello everyone ❤
Here is a very easy, but yummy meal, that I made some years ago. I’ve made it several times, as it is very good as a lunch, and you can add any kind of veggies, and combine it with some falafels and/or avocado. I love avocados btw! 😀
Here we go!
- 1 cup of rice (I used parboiled rice with wild rice)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of red pepper (if you like it, you can add about ½ cup instead)
- 2 tsp. of tomato puree
- Some salt
- 2 tsp. red chili powder (can be reduced if you don’t want it to be so spicy)
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed almonds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- First, cook the rice as per prescription and drain.
- Preheat a pan/pot and add the vegetables with 1 tbs. of water (except the tomatoes), and let it cook.
- Once cooked add the tomato puree, the cut tomatoes, salt, chili and almonds. Mix it well and let it cook for another 4-5 mins.
- Finally add the olive oil and turn off the stove. Just keep the mixture hot.
- Add the cooked rice into the mixture, and mix it all together properly.
- Serve with some cut avocado and falafel – this gives the whole dish a good texture and taste 🙂
I love freshly squeezed orange juice, so here is my way of making it 😉
Cut in half 1 lemon and 4 oranges, and press the fruits in a citrus press, and that’s it! This makes 2 glasses of fresh juice. My parents luckily have an electric one for this 😉