Hello everyone ❤
Here is a very easy, but yummy meal, that I made some years ago. I’ve made it several times, as it is very good as a lunch, and you can add any kind of veggies, and combine it with some falafels and/or avocado. I love avocados btw! 😀
Here we go!
- 1 cup of rice (I used parboiled rice with wild rice)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of red pepper (if you like it, you can add about ½ cup instead)
- 2 tsp. of tomato puree
- Some salt
- 2 tsp. red chili powder (can be reduced if you don’t want it to be so spicy)
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed almonds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- First, cook the rice as per prescription and drain.
- Preheat a pan/pot and add the vegetables with 1 tbs. of water (except the tomatoes), and let it cook.
- Once cooked add the tomato puree, the cut tomatoes, salt, chili and almonds. Mix it well and let it cook for another 4-5 mins.
- Finally add the olive oil and turn off the stove. Just keep the mixture hot.
- Add the cooked rice into the mixture, and mix it all together properly.
- Serve with some cut avocado and falafel – this gives the whole dish a good texture and taste 🙂
I love freshly squeezed orange juice, so here is my way of making it 😉
Cut in half 1 lemon and 4 oranges, and press the fruits in a citrus press, and that’s it! This makes 2 glasses of fresh juice. My parents luckily have an electric one for this 😉
I made this yummy veggie lasagna for my family, when I visited my parents – and it was lovely 🙂
- 800 g chopped tomatoes (2 boxes/cans)
- 1 eggplant, sliced (if you want it easy, cut the eggplant into cubes, and add it to the sauce)
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 250 g mushroom, sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons of tomato puree
- Some fresh basil
- Salt & pepper (or chili)
- 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 250 g of grated cheese (I used grated mozzarella)
Preheat the oven at 180°C degrees (on convection oven)
First, let’s make the tomato sauce:
In a pan, heat the olive oil, and add the onion and garlic, and let it cook till it turns golden and soft.
Now add the cut carrots, mushrooms (and if it’s the easy version, also add the cubed eggplant here), and let it cook for another 5 min., and then add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper and 2 dl of water. Stir and let it cook for about 15 min. on low heat. Now add the basil leaves.
The non-easy version: While letting the sauce cook, you can use this time for roasting the sliced eggplant till they turn soft. Alternatively they can also be grilled. Once roasted, put it aside.
Now it’s time for layering the lasagna:
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles in a 25 x 35 cm baking dish
- Add the sauce (let it cover, you should use half of the sauce)
- Add the eggplant slices (the non-easy version)
- Add some lasagna noodles
- Add the rest of the sauce
- Add the cheese
Let the lasagna bake for about 35 min (do check, the cheese should be melted and golden).
Buon appetito! 🙂
This time I tried to make some risotto with tomato and leek, without too many difficulties 😀 I love risotto but I haven’t made risotto for ages, so I therefore decided to make some today for dinner, and for my lunch tomorrow. Also made an extra serving for one of my colleagues – can’t wait to get the feedback from her 😀 Continue reading “Easy Peasy Tomato-Leek Risotto”
This delicious one pot dish has loads of protein and some yummy veggies. You might know, that I really love aubergines and tomatoes too, so I decided to make a mix with these. It is actually something I tried at a cafe long ago, and I liked it so much. So I decided to make something like that – on my own, and you now what? The dish came out very well! 😉
I actually madk a large amount of it, so that I also can have it some for my colleague W and I, for the lunch at work too 🙂
Continue reading “One Pot Tomato and Chickpeas Deliciousness”