El Torito is the second most visited restaurant by me, when I’m in Odense 😉
It is a Mexican restaurant at Vestergade 21 in Odense, their food is made up by Danish commodities and Mexican spices. I love their vegetarian options very much, especially their vegetarian burrito, I’ve got mostly. I feel I generously can recommend you to visit this place for its vegetarian meals. The only thing is their service – if they can do something to better the services, this place will be perfect 😉 Continue reading “Vegetarian Dining in Odense: El Torito”
Hello everyone ❤
Here is a very easy, but yummy meal, that I made some years ago. I’ve made it several times, as it is very good as a lunch, and you can add any kind of veggies, and combine it with some falafels and/or avocado. I love avocados btw! 😀
Here we go!
- 1 cup of rice (I used parboiled rice with wild rice)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of red pepper (if you like it, you can add about ½ cup instead)
- 2 tsp. of tomato puree
- Some salt
- 2 tsp. red chili powder (can be reduced if you don’t want it to be so spicy)
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed almonds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- First, cook the rice as per prescription and drain.
- Preheat a pan/pot and add the vegetables with 1 tbs. of water (except the tomatoes), and let it cook.
- Once cooked add the tomato puree, the cut tomatoes, salt, chili and almonds. Mix it well and let it cook for another 4-5 mins.
- Finally add the olive oil and turn off the stove. Just keep the mixture hot.
- Add the cooked rice into the mixture, and mix it all together properly.
- Serve with some cut avocado and falafel – this gives the whole dish a good texture and taste 🙂