Jardin des Tuileries – Paris

On the 4th day in Paris we just wanted to relax. The noon/night was booked for the Anirudh Concert, so we therefore went to Jardin des Tuileries for a walk, and later to Carrousel du Louvre for some shopping.

Jardin des Tuileries,  located between the Louvre and Place de la Concorde, is the garden created by Catherine de’Medici in 1564, as the garden of Palais des Tuileries. She sold their medieval where her husband died, and built a new palace. The palace was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of Louvre. The name Tuileries came from the tile kilns that previously occupied on that site. The garden opened to the public in 1667, but became a public garden after the French Revolution. The garden has undergone changes and so since it was built. Continue reading “Jardin des Tuileries – Paris”